Sunday, October 4, 2009

Award Winning Pumpkin Goodness Bread

Last weekend the town that I live in held it's annual Harvest Festival. I saw that they were having a baking contest and wasn't going to be left out. I decided to stay up until 3am the night before making my delicious recipes. I picked one recipe for the season which qualified for a specific catergory...Pumpkin Bread. To my surprise, I won 2nd place! I was pleasantly surprised and won a $25.00 gift certificate along with having my recipe published in next year's cookbook.

Buffy's "Pumpkin Goodness" Bread

3 1/2 c. flour
3 c. sugar
4 eggs
1 c. oil
1 large can of 100% pure pumpkin
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. fresh nutmeg
1 tsp. cloves
1 tsp. Kosher salt

Cream Cheese Frosting
(to be drizzled over the top of the loaves of bread)
(divide the frosting recipe into 1/3's for bread loaves)

6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. butter
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
4 c. powdered sugar

Grease and lightly flour 2 bread pans
Mix sugar, eggs and oil. Blend in pumpkin and then add remaining dry ingredients. Bake 1 hour @325 degrees. Use a toothpick to make sure the bread is completely done in the middle. The toothpick should come out pretty clean. Let the loaves cool some before drizzling the cream cheese mixture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment